Hoppa till innehåll

Master student move out

1.Termination of tenancy contract

The master’s contracts are only valid for a maximum of 2 years, and they are terminated in advance. The duration of the contract is depending on when you get your contract or if you are only studying for 1 year or 6 months. Please see My pages for more information on the duration of your contract. It is not possible to extend the contract after two years; however, you can terminate the contract with 7 weeks’ notice if you are leaving before your contract expires. If you wish to terminate your contract ahead of time, please fill out this form to terminate the contract. Please note that it is only possible to move out on Tuesdays.

Moving out must take place no later than 10.00 on the last day of your contract. Please see your contract details on My Pages, the dates during which the contract is valid can be found under Contracts/Show all contracts and Duration of contract From – Until. All keys must be handed in at the Customer Service Office. The apartment must be cleaned thoroughly, and all faults must be reported to Chalmers Studentbostäder.

2. Technical inspection

Before you move out, an inspection of your apartment will be done to check for damage and that everything that should be in the apartment is there. You will receive an e-mail from your housing host with information about when the inspection will be done. If your apartment is damaged or in case of abnormal wear, you might need to pay for repairing it.

Before the inspection, please make sure that everything that came with the apartment is there. This could be hat racks, curtain rails, etc.
If you were handed instruction manuals when moving in, please leave them for the next tenant. If you rented an apartment that is furnished, please make sure that all the furniture is left in the apartment when you move out.

3. Cleaning

When you have emptied your apartment and handed in your keys, a cleaning inspection is made. Please read our cleaning guide, which will help you when cleaning your apartment. If you have a balcony and/or a storage unit, remember to empty it of your belongings and clear it thoroughly when moving out. Unfortunately, there is no possibility to go back and clean your apartment if the cleaning inspection is not approved.

Se have a collaboration with Vital Städ. Read more about them and hire Vital Städ here. If you choose to hire Vital Städ, they will clean your apartment properly and the cleaning inspection will be approved.

4. Handing back the keys

All keys given to you when moving in must be handed back to our Customer Service Office. Your keys must be handed in at 10.00 am on the last day of your contract. If we are closed you can put the keys in the key deposit on the door at Chalmers Studentbostäder Customer Service.

5. Change of address

When you move out you will need to change your address at the Tax Office, which is easily done on their webpage. To receive your mail to your new address, please change your address a couple of weeks before you move.

Are you moving within Sweden?
Reporting a change of address – Skatteverket
You can report a change of address by using the e-service with your Mobile Bank-id, or by using the form
“Flyttning inom Sverige (SKV 7845)”.
Unfortunately Skatteverket only provides this form in Swedish.
Please contact us if you need help with the form.

Are you moving Abroad?
Fill out the form “Moving Abroad Notification” (SKV 7665) 

Upload the form to Skatteverket
(If you cannot use the e-service).
After you have filled out the form. Save it and upload it here. 
E-mail us “Send us a message” – Skatteverket